The Impact of Media Portrayals and Multicultural Programming on Public Perceptions of Communities of Color
Description: Panelists discuss the portrayals of diverse communities in news, entertainment, and political discourse and the potential adverse impact on these communities, including the role that distribution and content can play to improve perceptions and create opportunities for these communities.
- Kristal High, Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Politic365
- Darnell Hunt, Ph.D., Professor and Department Chair, Department of Sociology, UCLA
- Benjamin F. Chavis, Ph.D., President, National Newspaper Publishers Association
- Kim M. Keenan, President and CEO, MMTC
- Francisco Montero, Partner, Fletcher, Heald & Hildreth PLC; Member, MMTC Board of Directors
- Floyd Mori, President and CEO, Asian Pacific American Institute for Congressional Studies (APAICS)