How to Generate Diverse Participation in the Telecom and Internet Spaces
Description: Panel of industry and government leaders discuss how to overcome political, Ballroom procedural, and practical obstacles to telecom and broadband regulatory reform. Panelists discuss the massive changes that have occurred in the telecommunications industry since the passage of the 1996 Communications Act; and discuss how industry, legislators, and regulators could draft new legislation to ensure diversity and innovation in the information era.
- Presiding Officer: Kim Keenan, General Counsel, NAACP; Member, MMTC Board of Directors,
- John Horrigan, Ph.D, Vice President and Director of the Media and Technology Institute, Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies
- Jane Mago, Executive Vice President and General Counsel, National Association of Broadcasters
- Hon. Robert M. McDowell, Commissioner, Federal Communications Commission
- James L. Winston, Executive Director and General Counsel, National Association of Black Owned Broadcasters (NABOB)