MMTC’s 7th Annual Broadband and Social Justice Summit:
“Celebrating Our 30th Anniversary”
January 20 & 21, 2016
Westin Georgetown Hotel, Washington DC
Please join the Multicultural Media, Telecom and Internet Council (MMTC) for our 7th Annual Broadband and Social Justice Summit, “Thirty Years of Changing Channels: Platforms for the Future.” MMTC is celebrating our 30th Anniversary as the leading national nonprofit organization advocating for diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity in media and telecom.
At the Summit, current and former FCC commissioners, members of Congress, industry leaders, investors, entrepreneurs, and civil rights and social justice leaders will share their expertise on the latest media, telecom, and high tech issues impacting multicultural communities. Issues to be addressed include:
· How each tech platform can be leveraged to close the wealth gap and the digital divide.
· How to achieve diversity and inclusion in corporate C-suites and boards and in the supply chain.
· The latest developments in the future of broadband for communities of color, including a discussion of distribution platforms, content and deployment.
· How FCC, FTC, and legislative policies will impact entrepreneurship, privacy, and quality of life for communities of color.
· How policies that advance minority entrepreneurship can help stimulate economic opportunity, generate wealth and enhance innovation in the nation’s most influential industries.
· How universal broadband adoption can create jobs, promote STEM education, and enable the creation of diverse content and applications for telehealth, digital education, and entrepreneurship.
We invite you to join the conversation concerning diversity and opportunities for MWBEs in the communications and high tech industries on January 21st and 22nd!
Please visit and bookmark our conference page for information on the latest speakers, agenda, and on how to officially become a sponsor and supporter of the conference.
Please register for the conference here.
A full agenda and list of confirmed speakers will be available soon. Bookmark our conference website for regular updates on panels and speakers!
A complete sponsorship package is available here.
To register as Press, please contact MMTC Director of Communications Marcella Gadson at mgadson [at] mmtconline [dot] org.
For information on conference registration or other logistics, please contact Jewel Love, Conference Organizer, at 706.523.1021,
or email JLove [at] WeStirSouls [dot] com.